Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Slideshare

I must admit that I did have a play with this site and am still at a bit of a loss to how helpful it is.

I understand that you can upload and share slide show presentations. Once you have loaded this presentation you can then look at them anywhere, anytime, at any computer terminal. This would be excellent for giving oral presentations at school/uni. The next time I need to present in class I am going to use this site.

It also holds a database of other peoples' presentations that you may be able to utilise.

Other than this I do not see how this site is any different than using Power Point. If you are conducting group work and wish for the students to take control of the presentation, they can do this in Power Point. Students can also add multimedia aspects to the presentation and be as creative as they like.

I am not sure it is necessary to add this site to these lessons. Power Points can easily be stored on CDs, USBs, etc.

Does anyone want to give me some more examples that might broaden my opinion of this site?

No comments:

Post a Comment