Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wikipeadia

Wikipeadia is a huge online data base of facts. It has facts on just about everything including some of the most obscure things. In some ways this is a great resource but it does come with its own pitfalls.

Wikipeadia can be added to and edited by just about anyone. Great care must be taken when using information from Wikipeadia that is comes from an authoritative source. Most lecturers that you will come across at CQU would probably frown on using Wikipeadia as a reference. Especially as a sole reference for a topic or argument you are making.

I myself have been known to use Wikipeadia when doing assignments. But I use it as a way to collate resources. I look at what resources have been posted on the articles I like and see if I can find these works or other works by these authors. It has led me to some great information from more accepted reference sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment